Friday, April 22, 2011

13.1

The past 11 weeks I have been training for the Salt Lake City Half Marathon that was held on April 16th. My good friend Ann Marie and I ran it together, it is so fun to run with her. During my training I felt good I was running two days during the week, cross training two days and my long runs on Saturdays. But as the race day was drawing closer I was getting a little nervous, I put a lot of pressure on myself. I set two goals 1: To run the whole thing without stopping, Because when I ran the half in 08 I walked the last 3 miles. 2: I wanted to finish in 2 hours in 10 min (10 min miles). Then came the race day, I had to wake up early since the race started at 7. With my fuel belt, Ipod, new running shoes, and a great running partner I was set. Once the race started I was feeling great we were keeping a 9:30 pace. Mile 1, 2, 3 went by fast and I was so glad to see my family at mile 6 and 9. The end of the race it a little more challenging especially since they had a incline at mile 12. But all in all it was fun, my finish time was 2 hours 4 min and 28 seconds. I was happy with that, I met both of my goals. This was such a great experience I can't say I loved every minute of it but it was good ,and I think I may try to run the Halloween Half in Oct.
Mile 9

The Finish Line!
My running partner and good friend Ann Marie

1 comment:

The Hammonds said...

Check you out skinny miny!! You look great Nat!!