
On Sunday Aug 31st we went up the canyon to where the Baers were camping to celebrate Walkers 1st birthday. We went on a hike to Doughnut Falls once we got there the little kids played in the water and the big kids(Devan, Christian and Jeff) climbed up to the falls.
Eliza loved throwing rocks into the water, although some times she didn't even look to see what she was doing, she would just pick up rocks and throw them. She almost
hit Aiden a couple of times. She was having so much fun she didn't even realize her pants and shoes were completely soaked. We decided to head back since the kids were wet and we needed to start dinner, good thing we got back and started dinner when we did because shortly after we got things started the rains came. We thought it would lighten up but no such luck. That put a real "damper" on the night, so needless to say we didn't even get to sing Happy Birthday to Walker or eat the cake. We packed the car up and headed home to get some clothes for Eliza since Grandma Turner offered to take Eliza for her first
sleepover. Grandma said she did alright except around two in the morning she had to crawl into bed with her, Grandma thinks she got sacred because of Grandpa's snoring!Saturday the 6th we went to Lagoon, I'm not much of an roller coaster person I can go on a couple and
then I'm done for the day. It was fun just the same, we took Eliza on a couple of rides (the train, merry go round, and the ferris wheel) she didn't want to really go on the train but once we started she enjoyed it. We saw the tiger, and when we passed by it kept roaring at us, she thought that was pretty cool. As for the merry go round, she first went on with Grandpa Ron, he said she like it but when he asked her if she wanted to go again, She said "No!" I ended up taking her again while the rest of the group went on the white roller coaster, we got on a horse that moved up and down she kept saying UP, DOWN. I didn't like going
on the ferris wheel with a little infant it just scared me the whole time because Eliza doesn't like to sit, she wanted to keep standing up, boy was I glad when we got off. Then it was time to get Eliza home for a nap, OK and I need a nap as well.
2 comments:
I am soooo glad to see regular updates with your blog. Can't wait to get together on Friday night.
Nat - I love reading your blog! I'm so glad you've jumped back on the blog bandwagon. Eliza is SO big. We can't wait to see her for Thanksgiving. XOXO
Post a Comment