Monday, September 8, 2008

First Tramp Injury

So Eliza was jumping on the tramp with Grandpa Ron and Aunt Melinda, when all of a sudden she started to cry. Jeff and I went over to see what had happened, we checked her out and couldn't see anything wrong she said she was OK and wanted to jump again. So I got up on the tramp with her and jumped, but that didn't last very long before she wanted to go to her Dad. I put her down on the tramp, she then stumbled and fell. So I picked her up and gave her to Jeff. Then she wanted to go down the slide, so Jeff put her down and she fell again. I put her on the slide and when she reached the bottom she said her foot hurt so I checked her shoes thinking that she had wood chips in her shoes but there was nothing. So we started on our way back up to the house when she fell two more times, once again I didn't think anything of it and headed to the porch. There she fell again, and again. During all of this falling she never cried so I just thought she was being a klutz, until it kept happing and she was favoring her right leg. So we decided to take her to Kid Care where they did X-rays(that wasn't fun trying to hold her down). They told us we would have to wait till the following day to find out if it was broken or not, but they would put a splint on her leg so she wouldn't be able to put more pressure on it, but it also made it so she couldn't walk. So we held her down again while they did the splint. Eliza was screaming and trying to kick us the whole 5 minutes it took for the splint to set(it was quite a chore). Once it was on she couldn't look at it without crying she was so scared of it, I felt so bad for her. On the way home she tried to rip it off but wasn't very successful. The next morning she was fine with it I think she realized it wasn't going to come off so she had to deal with it. She didn't let it slow her down to much she just army crawled her way around all day. That night I called the doctors and they said the X-rays looked fine and they could see any fractures, so they told us it was alright to take the splint off and if she still was having problems walking to bring her back in. We took the splint off, she walked a little funny at first but now is back to her outgoing self. So I guess we will never know what was wrong, but at least it wasn't broken.

No comments: