Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A little weekend fun

A couple of weekends ago ( ok almost a month and a half) we headed down to the Aviary at Liberty park with the Harden Clan, it has been about 18 years since I've been and so it was nice to see all the birds that you sing about, but have never seen such as the kookaburra. It was Emma's first little outing and she did fine( slept the whole time). It was nice for Eliza to get out and run around, we've been a little home bound since the arrival of Emma. I asked Eliza what her favorite part of the " Bird place" was and she said it was the Owl, which I would have to agree with her there. But there also were the flamingos, and the eagles that were among my favorite as well.







That following Monday was going to be so nice we had to do something outside, because that is rare for this spring here in Utah. It has been so rainy and cold that we had to take advantage of the one day of nice weather. Knowing that it was going to be about 85 degrees I asked the Baers if they wanted to meet at the park for a picnic and a little playground time. I think most people had the same idea so it was a little busier then we would have liked. Since there were so many kids we decided to walk to another playground, but on our way we noticed that they marry-go-round was opened and there was no one there, so we bought the kids some tickets and rode some of the little rides they had there. I think the kids enjoyed it more then the playground. It is always fun to play with the cousins. After being in the sun, playing hard at the park and riding the rides we were all spent and came home to take a nap!! It sure was a fun couple of days.


No comments: