Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Eliza is Three

Happy Birthday Eliza!!!

Eliza turned three yesterday, she has been gearing up for her birthday ever since her cousin Lindsey had hers a couple of weeks ago. We started her birthday celebration off on Sunday at Grandma Turners with a little party with the cousins, she has been into Dora the explorer, so that was our theme for the party. We had to have Eliza's favorite dinner which is, bow tie pasta and Alfredo sauce. After dinner we played a little game, each child had five specific shapes they had to find and once they found them all they got a goodie bag. I think the kids liked it, simple
but went along with the explorer theme.



( Andrew and Aiden complained that they didn't want to wear the Dora party hats, but Aiden must have liked his he wore it all night, and Lesley said he would have slept in it if it hadn't have broken
.)





Then came cake and ice cream, Jeff and I made her a Dora cake, I was a little nervous as we started to frost it. It looked scary, I told Jeff Eliza was going to start to cry when she blew out the candles, but as we continued to frost the rest of the cake it started to impr0ve, and I think it turned out great! Jeff said this is the last cake that we decorated, next year it is a Costco cake, we will see what next year brings.


Once the day came she didn't seen to overly excited. Grandma, Eliza and I all went to a movie for her birthday. We saw Plant 51, cute but Eliza didn't seem to into it, I think it was for a older audience. Although she kept bouncing from grandmas lap to mine throughout the movie, she said she liked it.Then last night we headed over to Grandma Cindy's for a little pizza and to open some presents, all in all I think she had a great day.












I can't believe she is three already she is growing up so fast, and continues to make me laugh every day. She has brought so much joy to our lives, I am so proud to be her mother.

1 comment:

Dana said...

What a great post! Happy bday, sweet Eliza! We can't believe you're three either. So glad you had a great day and SOOOO impressed about the cake you guys made, Nat. Wow. Looked great! XOXO